FB Meekins Preschool has openings in our Kindergarten class.
We are a play-based school that belives play is the work of children.
We have suspended the in-school co-opting portion of our school for 20-21. This means no parent volunteering in class for this upcoming school year.
The Kindergarten class is a full day program that meets on M/T/W from 9:15am-3:00pm. It follows a developmentally appropriate curriculum. It is a small class with a maximum of ten children with three teachers. This allows for daily one-on-one instruction and very small group and learning.
These are some of the topics covered in kindergarten:
- Letter and Number writing and recognition following the Handwriting Without Tears Curriculum
- Science-The Five Senses, Weather and Season, Plants, Lifecycles, Properties, and Force & Motion
- Social Studies – Citizenship, Then & Now, Around the World, My Community
- Math – One to One Correspondence, Money and Currency, Patterning, Graphing, Measurements
- Reading and Writing – Handwriting Without Tears, Guided Reading, Sightwords, Journaling
Meekins, for this year, is 100% outdoor and 100% masks for both children and adults.
Our first day of school is September 14th.
We also have openings in our preschool pods for children who are 2 years to 5 years olds. The hours for these pods is 9:15am-1:15pm.
Due to COVID and best-practice, we have 4 separate, non-mingling pods of no more ten children with two teachers-Kindergarten(M/T/W), older 4 year olds(M/T/W), younger 4 year olds/older 3 year olds(W/Th/F), and younger 3 year olds/older 2 year olds(Th/F). Siblings, regardless of age will be placed together in a pod.
Contact Tara Bloch, Director, at email@example.com or Membership Chair, Kristen McBrayer, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.